Study Cycle: 1
ECTS credit: 5
Lecturer(s): doc. dr. Ilc Klun Mojca, izr. prof. dr. Zupančič Jernej
- The concept of social geography, its development and theoretical outgoingpoints.
- Working fields of social geography. The formation of social groups and communities and their impacts to cultural landscape. The forms of spatial organization and working-fields of spatial-relevant groups.
- The action-achievement of social groups.
- The main social functions in modern societies: living, working, supply, education, recreation & regeneration, comunication, living in society, political behavior etc. The spatial impacts and social consequences of using these functions.
- The relations and processes between social groups and inside them. The problems-solution.
- Methodology of social geography in research and professional work: the field-indicators and their use, grupation and agregation, spatial hierarhy, zoning, the detection of processes and problems definition, and finding sloutions. Snow-ball research (and action) priniciple, disperzion. The mental maps and social behavior. The method of ekstrapolation and scenario-making. Scenario as a research (analytical or regresive) principle and as a planning (synthesis or progresive) principle.
- Special spaces and places and their communities: elitism, egalitism, marginalism.
- Strategic, symbolic, restricted, holy- and vorbidden places.
- Aplied social geography: planing the space, place and society. Spatial & social policy.