Geography of Tourist Areas
ECTS credit: 6
Lecturer(s): doc. dr. Cigale Dejan
- Factors of tourism areas development.
- Tourism area life cycle.
- Evaluation of landscape for tourism and recreation.
- Spatial differentiation of recreation and tourism potentials.
- Spatial interactions of demand and supply in the context of tourism and recreation.
- Main international tourist flows and their dependence on natural and social geographical circumstances.
- Main types of tourism and recreation areas in Slovenia and in the World (factors of attraction, characteristics of supply and demand, specific impacts and problems, current trends, etc.).
- Coastal tourism areas.
- Mountain tourism areas.
- Health tourism areas.
- Tourism and recreation in urban areas.
- Tourism and recreation in countryside.
- Tourism areas with specific types of tourism supply (gambling, amusement, shopping tourism, etc.).
- Areas of daily recreation.
- Impact of social development trends on characteristics and distribution of tourist flows and areas.