Study Cycle: 1
Lecturer(s): doc. dr. Zager Kocjan Gaja, izr. prof. dr. Avsec Andreja
Conception, assessment and research of personality
- Concept of personality. Assessment of personality. Research of personality. Person-cantered and variable-cantered approach to personality.
Perspectives, models and theories of personality
- Dispositional theories: Cattell, Eysenck, five factor model
- Behavioural-social-cognitive theories; situationism, personalism, interactionism.
- Humanistic theories; positive psychology of personality.
- Bio-evolutional theories of personality
- Comprehension of personality in other cultures.
Structure of personality and individual differences
- Physical, conative and cognitive space of personality (constitution, temperament, character, intellect).
- Types, dimensions and prototypes of personality.
- Abilities: intelligence, creativity, genius, emotional, social, moral and spiritual intelligence, wisdom.
- Individual and group differences.
Dynamics, development and transitions of personality
- Motivational and emotional dimensions of personality.
- Attractiveness. Altruism. Aggression. Values.
- Self, self-concept and self-esteem.
- Factors, models and stages of personality development. Development of basic dimensions of personality and cognition.
- Personality, stress and health. Hardiness and ego-resiliency. Psychological well-being. Personality disorders.