Special areas of translation: Terminology mining and management
Lecturer(s): prof. dr. Vintar Špela
1. Introduction to terminology science. Term - lexeme, term - concept. Development of terminology as a discipline.
2. General theory of terminology (GTT) and its drawbacks. Concept systems, relations between concepts. Concepts and multilinguality, the (non-)universal nature of concepts.
3. Recent theoretical approaches: corpus-based terminology, sociocognitive and frame-based theories.
4. Term formation, borrowings, terminologisation. Term variability.
5. Terminography. Structuring a term entry. Cloud-based tools.
6. Corpus-based methods, knowledge extraction. Building corpora for terminology mining.
7. Standards in terminology, data formats, XML and TBX.
8. Terminology as knowledge representation: ontologies, knowledge bases, visual representations.