TRAMIG is an Erasmus+ project aiming to train the trainers for community interpreting and/or intercultural mediation courses. The project’s long-term goal is to enhance a successful inclusion of the newly arrived migrants into the linguistic and economic mainstream of the host country by enabling them to work independently as community interpreters and/or intercultural mediators, especially in healthcare settings, or as assistants in programs training community interpreting and intercultural mediation.
1) to evaluate the existing occupational standards and vocational qualifications for community interpreters and intercultural mediators in healthcare and create a proposal for such standards and qualifications;
2) to create a profile for a trainer in a healthcare-community-interpreter- and intercultural-mediator-training programs;
3) to select the candidates who already work as community interpreters or intercultural mediators for training seminars;
4) to create training modules drawing on examples of best practices provided by the partners in the consortium;
5) to train candidates to be able to teach in pairs in classes training healthcare community interpreters and intercultural mediators.
1) A proposal for the national occupational standards and vocational qualification for community interpreter and/or intercultural mediator and the formulation of a working definition of the trainer profile for community interpreting and/or intercultural mediator.
2) The edited volume available online with the description of training seminars with material for further use.
University of Ljubljana (the coordinator Nike K. Pokorn)
University of Thessaloniki
University of Trieste
Metropolitan University Oslo (OsloMet)
National Institute of Public Health (NIJZ)
Azienda Unita Sanitaria Locale di Reggio Emilia