Oddelek za prevajalstvo
SDL - employment offer for an in-house translator position
This position is for translators from 6 months of experience until 5 years.
They need to be based in Slovenia, but this is a full remote position.
The field we’re interested in is the IT one.
I’ve attached the job description.
Ophélie Delpuech| Talent Finder | SDL (t) +33 (0) 1 85 64 30 55 | Email : email@example.com
Job Description *
Translator – English into Slovenian
Are you a translator looking to join a professional and supportive in-house team? Working as a translator for our Slovenian office, you will be responsible for delivering translations of the highest quality on time and within budget. In this key role, you will have the opportunity to act as lead translator for one or several accounts. This role will be fully remote from Slovenia.
- Translating IT/marketing documents from English into Slovenian
- Linguistic checking of files in their final format
- Acting as lead translator to oversee the linguistic processes of one or several accounts
- Producing quality translations within given timeframes
- Mentoring more junior translators
- Working with clients, reviewers and project managers to define best practice
- Understanding and following SDL’s linguistic processes and procedures
- Managing terminology effectively
- Using the required translation tools
- Managing your time effectively
- A degree in translation or a relevant combination of training and experience
- Proven experience in the translation industry is preferred though we are open to consider candidates who are starting their careers
- Excellent source text understanding
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good knowledge of translation software such as Trados
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite